Pierre LEMÉE // Software engineer
Male // 35 // French
To me, software development is like a construction game: by assembling blocks of different sizes, colors and shapes and an endless imagination you can turn any idea to a living, solid and palpable realization. Making any outline to a realistic project.
This is who I am then: a 34-years old passionated developer / playful kid. I'm constantly investigating on how buildings / softwares / frameworks are made, curious about how the things truly work. I love to be a builder, stacking line of codes, setting up algorithms, structuring objects and designing the map of my projects. I'm a Web, Linux and Open Source lover, I know how to design, code, test, deploy, query and automatize. I'm a software builder .
- PHP 7+
- Symfony 3.4+
- Spring boot
- HPE Vertica
- Nginx / Apache
- HTML5 / CSS3
- Bootstrap 4
- The Gimp
CTO // Bloom at Work
Paris // January 2018 - May 2020
Bloom at Work aims to booster happiness at work. It offers to companies of all kind and size a solution to measure, analyze and improve collaborators' well-being at the workplace.
Through simple, short and frequent surveys, companies can take the pulse of their teams in real time and act at the right time to improve the everyday live of their employees.
I joined this early stage startup in order to first internalize its solution so far outsource. But I quickly had the responsability to hold the technical vision and takeover the underlying architecture decisions that have to be taken inside a team that grew up t 4 persons. All this while still fulfilling my duty of backend lead developer, data engineer and system admin.
Tech stack: PHP, Symfony, MySQL, Git, CircleCI, RabbitMQ, React, Ansible, AWS, Redis, Elasticsearch
Architect // Billogram
Stockholm // 2017
Benefiting of an opportunity to leave abroad and finally give an international dimension to my career, I spent the year 2017 in Sweden 🇸🇪 where I landed in the startup Billogram, after a short step in a web agency.
Billogram is an online billing solution, back then deployed in Sweden and Germany.
In integrated the backend and system team where I intervened as a software and system architect.
Tech stack: Python, Django, PHP, MySQL, Git, RabbitMQ, React
CTO // Sens Critique
Paris // August 2016 - January 2017
I had the privilege to be the CTO of SensCritique, which is a website offering members to rate or review films, TV shows, video games, books or even music albums, share suggestions among the community and create editorial content.
My mission aims at organizing the development team, by:
- setting up an Agile methodology with Scrum
- scheduling tasks and prioritizing projects, in interaction with market and product owners
- adopt development standards peer review through pull requests or deployment procedures
- handling technical partnerships with service providers by participating to meetings
- creating a test environment (dedicated to missing unit tests when I joined the company) and a continuous integration process
Tech stack: PHP, MySQL, Git, Redis, Java, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, GraphQL, Ansible, Bash
Web & data developer // BlaBlaCar
Paris // July 2014 - July 2016
I'm proud to have been a lead developer inside the BI team of Blablacar, the world leader in carpooling service.
- Management of a data collection streaming process, BI oriented, of detailed user actions (through PHP, Symfony, MySQL and Rabbit MQ)
- Setup of storage and processing tools for BI data (Hadoop (HDFS, Pig and Hive script, synchronization with the analytical database HPE Vertica)
- Dévelopment of internal tools to migrate data (through Java, Spring and RabbitMQ)
Techn stack: PHP, Symfony, MySQL, Doctrine, Git, Redis, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Hadoop (HDFS, Hive, Imapala, Pig-latin, Spark), HPE Vertica, Kafka
Software engineer // Altran
Paris // July 2013 - June 2014
Technical assistance on a development project of a secured management platform dedicated to contactless payments.
- support on the development of the web administrator interface and the product's backend solution
- redaction of the update and installation scripts (Linux system and network administration, setup and integrations scripts)
- creation of the software's monitoring services
- intervention in the software configuration management and the system compilation and generation maintenance
Tech stack: JAVA, JSF, SOAP, JPA, Bash, Python, Weblogic, JMX, Groovy, Maven, SVN
Software engineer // Thales Alenia Space
Cannes // April 2011 - May 2013
I joined Thales Alenia Space, the European leader in satellite solutions, during my apprenticeship in software engineering.
As a member of the optical team, I developed and maintained a Java based simulation environment for high resolution satellite images generation, and managed the evolution of the set of related software tools for simulation.
- participating in every step of the software's development life-cycle, from requirements gathering to end-user validation
- being responsible for software configuration management and system settings
- monitoring on-site intervention of subcontractors: assisting on information and data providing, organizing weekly meetings and reporting work progress
Tech stack: JAVA, Swing, Maven, JNI, C, Bash
Web developer // Toutletoutim
Normandy // 2009 - 2011
After graduating university, I decided to become a freelance web developer to strengthen my web development skills. I designed, created, delivered and maintained websites for various organizations and customers (such as Les Blotteries or Déco Styl
This introduced me to:
- customer relationship management, delivery meetings
- developing and maintaining several websites with dedicated databases and rich Internet applications
- legal, financial and administrative requirements
Developer // Orange Labs
Caen // 2009
For my first experience as a developer I had the chance to join the R&D team of Orange Labs. My mission was to:
- setting up a gateway between the Livebox (internet connection box) and the Orange web radios catalog in Java relying upon the UPnP protocol
- designed, developing and testing the media server providing web radios from the Orange web service to all connected devices, discovering web services (in both REST and SOAP)
Tech stack: Java, UPnP (Cybergarage framework), REST & SOAP web services
Software engineer MBA // CFA AFTI
Orsay // 2013
I completed my training with this 2 year school cycle to improve my technical knowledge, work in the industry (I spent half of the time at the office) and learn how to become an engineer.
Beside the technical things I've learnt, I mostly discovered how to gather the client's needs, write specifications, organize development tasks or ensure product stability through unit testing.
Bachelor's degree in CS // Caen University
Caen // 2009
I learned all the technical basics during this 3 year school cycle, this including:
- programming languages: Python, JAVA, PHP, C, C++, Haskell, and others
- scientific approaches: algorithms, algebra, physics, etc...
- technical concepts: database, operating systems, network, language processing, geographical information systems
Beside my maternal language, French obviously, I speak a fluent English, I could attend a conversation in Spanish and can identify words in Italian or Swedish.
On my spare time I enjoy watching films and TV shows. Whenever I can I listen to music (mostly electronic, ambient, rock and jazz). I am a golf addict, but I also sometimes play tennis or jog if I'm not too lazy.
I like to taste a good wine, beer or whisky, or play mots fléchés (french equivalent of crossword puzzles) while drinking my morning coffee.
I currently live in the 12th district of Paris.