Pierre LEMÉE // Developer
Male // 30 // French
To me, software development is like a construction game: by assembling blocks of different sizes, colors and shapes and an endless imagination you can turn any idea to a living, solid and palpable realization. Making any outline to a realistic project.
This is who I am then: a 30-years old passionated developer / playful kid. I'm constantly investigating on how buildings / softwares / frameworks are made, curious about how the things truly work. I love to be a builder, stacking line of codes, setting up algorithms, structuring objects and designing the map of my projects. I'm a Web, Linux and Open Source lover, I know how to design, code, test, deploy, query and automatize. I'm a software builder.
- Symfony 2
- Spring boot
- HPE Vertica
- Bash scripting
- Nginx / Apache
- HTML5 / CSS3
- The Gimp
CTO // SensCritique
Paris // august 2016 (current)
I'm currently the CTO of SensCritique, which is a website offering members to rate or review films, TV shows, video games, books or even music albums, share suggestions among the community and create editorial content.
My mission aims at organizing the development team, by:
- setting up an Agile methodology with Scrum
- scheduling tasks and prioritizing projects, in interaction with market and product owners
- impose development standards such as git push flow, peer review through pull requests or deployment procedures
- handling technical partnerships with service providers by participating to meetings
- creating a test environment (dedicated to missing unit tests when I joined the company) and a continuous integration process
Developer // BlaBlaCar
Paris // july 2014 - august 2016
I had the chance to join the Blablacar's tech team, the world's biggest ridesharing community. I spent half of my time as a web developer, maintaining and improving web and mobile websites in PHP, using Symfony 2 and Doctrine for MySQL. I participated in writing functional testing scenarios with Behat to perform Selenium based test processes.
But I mainly contributed to the BI / data team, creating an event data collection flow to track event actions, aiming at better understanding how members interact with the product. I achieved this by:
- creating a backend-side data collection flow: from PHP publication to Rabbit MQ, data enrichment from prod MySQL database in a dedicated worker, and storage to Hadoop with HDFS
- batch scripts with Pig-Latin and Spark to unserialize data and synchronize it with HPE Vertica, the columnar database used for analytical queries
- map Hive and Impala on HDFS for high volume slow queries
Software engineer // Altran
Sophia Antipolis // july 2013 - june 2014
I joined Altran as a consulting engineer as part of a service center team for Gemalto,
world leader in digital security.
Technical assistance on a development project of a secured management platform dedicated to contactless payments.
- support on the development of the web administrator interface and the product's backend solution (JAVA JSF, SOAP, JPA)
- redaction of the update and installation scripts (Linux system and network administration, Python and Bash scripts, Weblogic)
- creation of the software's monitoring services (JMX, Bash scripts and Groovy)
- intervention in the software configuration management and the system compilation and generation maintenance (SVN and Maven)
Software engineer // Thales Alenia Space
Cannes // april 2011 - may 2013
I joined Thales Alenia Space, the European leader in satellite solutions, during my apprenticeship in software engineering.
As a member of the optical team, I developed and maintained a Java-based simulation environment for high resolution satellite images generation, and managed the evolution of the set of related software tools for simulation.
- participating in every step of the software's development life-cycle, from requirements gathering to end-user validation
- being responsible for software configuration management and system settings
- monitoring on-site intervention of subcontractors: assisting on information and data providing, organizing weekly meetings and reporting work progress
Web developer // Freelance
Saint Hilaire du Harcouët // 2009 - 2011
After graduating university, I decided to become a freelance web developer to strengthen my web developemnt skills. I designed, created, delivered and maintained websites for various organizations and customers (such as Les Blotteries or Déco Styl).
This introduced me to:
- customer relationship management, delivery meetings
- developing and maintaining several websites with dedicated databases and rich Internet applications
- legal, financial and administrative requirements
Developer // Orange Labs
Caen // 2009
For my first experience as a developer I had the chance to join the R&D team of Orange Labs. My mission was to:
- setting up a gateway between the Livebox (internet connection box) and the Orange web radios catalog in Java relyong on the UPnP protocol
- designed, developing and testing the media server providing web radios from the Orange web service to all connected devices, discovering web services (both REST and SOAP)
Software engineer MBA // CFA AFTI
Orsay // 2013
I completed my training with this 2 year school cycle to improve my technical knowledge, work in the industry (I spent half of the time at the office) and learn how to become an engineer.
Beside the technical things I've learnt, I mostly discovered how to gather the client's needs, write specifications, organize development tasks or ensure product stability through unit testing.
Licence Informatique // Université de Caen
Caen // 2009
I learned all the technical basics during this 3 year school cycle, this including:
- programming languages: Python, JAVA, PHP, C, C++, Haskell, and others
- scientific approaches: algorithms, algebra, physics, etc...
- technical concepts: database, operating systems, network, language processing, geographical information systems
Beside my maternal language, French obviously, I speak a fluent English, I could attend a conversation in Spanish and I have basics in Italian. On my spare time I enjoy watching films and TV shows. Whenever I can I listen to music (mostly electronic, ambient, rock and jazz). I am a golf addict, but I also sometimes play tennis or jog if I'm not too lazy. I like to taste a good wine, beer or whisky, or play mots fléchés (french equivalent of crossword puzzles) while drinking my morning coffee.
I currently live in Paris but I'm planning to move to Stockholm, Sweden.